I got this recipe from an online recipe exchange. It's soooooo good!!!! You can use whatever vegies you'd like in this. Serve over hot rice.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 carrot, diagonally sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup frozen pea pods, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup cashews (or peanuts)
- Cut chicken into thin strips and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice, honey, soy sauce, cornstarch and ginger; mix well.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Add all vegetables except pea pods.
- Stir fry about 3 minutes, or until vegies are as done as you like.
- Remove vegies and set aside.
- Pour remaining oil into skillet.
- Add chicken; stir fry about 3 minutes.
- Return vegies to skillet; add sauce mixture, pea pods and nuts.
- Cook and stir over medium high heat until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over hot rice.
I have used this website numerous times and found many delicious recipes but I think this is the first time that I have commented on one of the recipes (my apologies to all those good cooks out there). This is freaking AWESOME! I double the "sauce" ingredients because I add a ton of veggies (zucchini, broccoli, carrots, celery, onions, peppers, etc), but it is fantastic!
Thank you so much for sharing!!!
This is SUPER-D-Duper!!! Or should I say a SUPPER Delight! Wow - my whole family enjoyed this dish. The only little change was that I did not have zucchini so I subbed in some asparagus as the extra green and it was awesome. We loved everything about it. Perfect amount of sauce so our rice even had some extra flavor. Marvelous! Thank you so much for sharing! Made during ZWT6...my unexpected find!
For the "Add More Veggies" challenge of ZWT 4, my family was treated to this great dish! Luckily we already like this type of cuisine, but it isn't complete without some of my 2yo's favorite vegetables........so we added his broccoli and frozen green beans for a total of six vegetables. We used peanuts, but next time I'm definitely doing cashews. Thanks!! LoriInIndiana Cookin' Catsm Team ZWT 4 Summer '08