Cook1 hr 50 mins
I don't eat pork so I made a kosher version of a very delicious meal. This is amazing and I always seem to be doubling this recipe--it disappears so fast on the table. If the chili powder is omitted, it's more of a chicken soup instead of a spicy soup.
- Brown chicken in oil in a pot.
- Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Heat the pot to medium and add onion and garlic and sauté till the onion softens.
- Add chicken, chicken broth, oregano, salt and chili powder to pot.
- Reduce heat to low cover and cook for 90 minutes.
- Add hominy cook 15 more minutes.
- This is the time to check the seasonings and adjust to taste.
- Ladle into soup bowls garnish with onion, cilantro,lime, cheese (get creative).
- Warm tortillas on the side always please the belly.