1/1 Photo of Chicken Hominy Soup
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 50 mins
I don't eat pork so I made a kosher version of a very delicious meal. This is amazing and I always seem to be doubling this recipe--it disappears so fast on the table. If the chili powder is omitted, it's more of a chicken soup instead of a spicy soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown chicken in oil in a pot.
- 2Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- 3Heat the pot to medium and add onion and garlic and sauté till the onion softens.
- 4Add chicken, chicken broth, oregano, salt and chili powder to pot.
- 5Reduce heat to low cover and cook for 90 minutes.
- 6Add hominy cook 15 more minutes.
- 7This is the time to check the seasonings and adjust to taste.
- 8Ladle into soup bowls garnish with onion, cilantro,lime, cheese (get creative).
- 9Warm tortillas on the side always please the belly.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Hominy Soup
Serving Size: 1 (708 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.9
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 86.2 mg
- Sodium 2339.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 31.4 g