Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Martha Stewart.
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 fresh Thai chiles, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon asian fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon asian fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh holy basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- steamed jasmine rice, for serving (or sticky rice)
- Mash together garlic and chiles using a mortar and pestle or the flat side of a large knife. Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until garlic is just golden, about 20 seconds.
- Add chicken; cook, stirring often, until chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Stir in fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper. Add basil; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Season with more pepper, if desired. Serve over rice. Garnish with basil.