Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is similar to a Cheese Steak, but chicken instead. A great quick dinner.
Make and share this Chicken Hoagie recipe from Food.com.
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in strips
- 1 sliced large onion
- 1-2 sliced green bell pepper
- 226.79 g can sliced mushrooms
- 29.58 ml kraft zesty Italian dressing
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 4-6 inch hoagie rolls
- 226.79 g sliced provolone cheese
- 1 tomatoes
- 473.18 ml shredded lettuce
- mayonnaise, if desired
- Heat oil in skillet, add onions, peppers & mushrooms. Continue to stir occasionally. Until they are browned and onions start to carmelize.
- While they are cooking, place chicken in a nonstick skillet and stir in italian dressing, cook on medium/high heat. Continue to stir as needed, until chicken is cooked throughly.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Place hoagie buns open on a cookie sheet. Top each bun with 1/4 of chicken and 2oz of provolone.
- Bake in oven for about 5 minutes, just until cheese is melted.
- Top each with pepper mixture, lettuce, tomato and mayo if desired.
This was very good! I would definitely make it again. The only thing I might change would be to cook the chicken, then drain off the juices, then add the Italian dressing and toss the chicken in it. Seems that the dressing flavor kind of gets diluted when the chicken is cooking. Otherwise, definitely a keeper recipe!
This was a great way to use up leftover chicken. DS and I really enjoyed these and he commented several times how good the sandwich was. I had red bell pepper on hand so I used that and a little green pepper. I made the sandwiches open faced. Mayo for him, plain for me. The Italian dressing is a super way to season up the chicken. Quick, easy, and delicious! Made for Fall PAC 2009