1/2 Photos of Chicken Hearts
Chicken hearts are often overlooked. If you have never tried them, do. They are really quite tender, if you don't overcook them. You can always chop them up and make a stuffing (dressing) to use them up if you don't like eating them. Does that make it easier to give them a try?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Marinate (optional): combine the garlic, olive oil, and salt/pepper in a bag and add the chicken hearts; marinate for 2-3 hours.
- 2Saute the leek or onion and additional garlic and ginger (if using) in olive oil until soft.
- 3Add the chicken hearts and saute over medium heat until done, stirring occasionally.
- 4Alternatively, saute chicken hearts halfway and finish in the broiler.
- 5Can also be cooked on skewers on the grill. Be sure to soak the skewers in water first.
- 6Time does not include optional marination time.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Hearts
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.4
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 84.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 21.5 g