Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Makes a great change of pace for breakfast. Serve with eggs.
- 453.59 g red potatoes, diced small
- 453.59 g butternut squash, peeled, seeded, diced small
- 29.58 ml butter
- 236.59 ml sweet onion, diced small
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml roasted skinless chicken, shredded (white and dark meat)
- 29.58 ml fresh tarragon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- Heat potatoes and squash in saucepan with salted water, covered, to boiling.
- Simmer 4 minutes and drain.
- Heat 1 tbs butter in a skillet over med-high heat.
- Add onion and cook 5 minutes.
- Add remaining butter and oil to skillet.
- Add potatoes, squash, chicken, tarragon, salt and pepper and cook 8-10 minutes, tossing frequently until nicely browned.
- Slowly pour cream around edge of skillet.
- Cook 6-8 minutes turning hash until crusty.
My whole family loved this! I appreciated that it had some extra vitamins from the squash. It even reheats really well. My teen just asked when we would be making it again.