Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Guy's Big Bite.
Top Review by Porfavorcorona
Dh and I really enjoyed this hash. I used creole seasoning on the chicken skins and in the vegtable mixture, it gave great flavor to the dish and spiced it up more! It did take alot longer to cook though, about an hour and a half. Worth the wait, even the left overs were good. Next time I will do things a little different to see if I can cut down on the time. Made for My-3-Chefs Fall 2008.
- 4 ounces olive oil, divided
- 2 red onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, with bone and skin
- 6 ounces beer
- 4 ounces water
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 lbs red potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup roma tomato, diced, for garnish
- 1⁄2 cup queso fresco, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saute pan, add 2 ounces olive oil, onions, garlic, and peppers and saute until translucent. Add chicken and brown on all sides. Remove half of the onion and pepper mixture.
- Continue to cook chicken and deglaze with beer, water, and lime juice, salt and pepper, let simmer for 45 minutes until chicken begins to fall off the bone. Remove chicken, let cool. Remove bone and remaining skin, and shred with forks.
- In same saute pan, reduce mixture until thick. Remove mixture from the pan, add the remaining 2 ounces oil and potatoes and fry potatoes until crispy. Add onion and pepper mixture and shredded chicken. Press mixture together as it cooks and form into 1/2-inch cake. Flip over to brown both sides.
- Top with diced tomatoes and queso fresco.