Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I had a lot of chicken leftover from Tortured Chicken - Beer Can. I wanted to make something besides the usual chicken casserole, so I came up with this. Almost any type of cooked leftover chicken can be used. Feel free to adjust the amount of seasoning salt and pepper according to your tastes.For a true comfort meal I like to serve this with Buttermilk Biscuits. Submitted to "ZAAR" on October 18th, 2007.
- 59.14-78.07 ml canola oil
- 118.29 ml finely chopped sweet onion
- 473.18 ml frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, slightly thawed
- 354.88 ml chopped cooked chicken
- 236.59 ml mixed vegetables, I used 1/2 frozen peas and 1/2 frozen corn
- 4.92 ml ground black pepper
- 7.39-9.85 ml seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium heat in a medium sized non stick skillet heat oil until hot but not smoking.
- Add onion and cook until softened.
- Add potatoes and chicken and mix with onions, sprinkle with seasoning salt and pepper.
- Cover with lid, stirring occasionally,cook until potatoes are slightly browned.
- Remove cover add peas and corn,cover with lid and cook until veggies are heated through.
- Remove cover, and cook until potatoes are a light to golden brown.