Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Sometimes known as Oriental Hamburger Casserole, this is a favorite in my family. It's especially good with crunchy Chow Mein or Crispy Rice Noodles on top.
- 16 ounces ground beef or 16 ounces ground sirloin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup long grain white rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups chow mein noodles
- Brown hamburger. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix together all ingredients except Chow Mein Noodles in a 2-Qt casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes uncovered. Stir. Cover and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until rice is done.
- Uncover. Do not stir. Sprinkle Chow Mein noodles on the top and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
The kids really liked this recipe. Two of them told me I had to give it to their moms. I baked it in my 4 Qt. Calphalon deep skillet, the same pan I browned the meat in. So this ended up to be a one pan dish which really makes me LOVE it. Thank you for posting, I being using this recipe again. Made for the Spring PAC 2007 game.