Recipe by Hippie2MARS
I recently got a new grill pan with a panini press and I couldn't wait to try it out. I wasn't fond of the recipe that came with the pan, which called for mayonnaise, of which I am not a fan. Instead I came up with this recipe, based on our personal taste preferences. The "citrus and Dijon seasoning" I use is Pampered Chef's Citrus and Dijon Rub. If you don't have Bacon Salt in your pantry, get it! It is awesome for imparting bacon FLAVOR without the bacon FAT!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mrs dash onion & herb seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 tablespoon citrus and dijon seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hickory flavored bacon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon maple flavored bacon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cheddar flavored bacon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 basil leaves, minced
- 4 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 8 slices deli ham
- 4 large tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the chicken in covered dish for 6 minutes in the microwave.
- While the chicken is cooking, whisk together the sour cream, Dijon mustard, basil, and seasonings.
- Slice and shred the cooked chicken, leaving some larger chunks.
- Mix chicken and mushrooms into the sour cream mixture.
- In the middle of a large tortilla, place 2 T of the chicken mixture.
- Cover with 1-2 slices of ham and 1-2 slices of Swiss cheese.
- Fold sides in, then roll to close.
- Place in grill pan, with folded sides down and top with panini press.
- Grill approximately 4 minutes, then turn and grill an additional two minutes.
- Cut each panini in half and serve.