Recipe by weekend cooker
a different unique , and very way to make lasagna. I have made this several times, and it is very tasty. I have had this recipe for years, I forget how I got this.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This was a good meal, but the directions are missing a little info. I left out the brocolli because I am the only one who likes it but otherwise added everything else. I layered in the chicken and ham together and put a little extra cheese on top. Made for 1-2-3-Hits.
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped mushrooms, drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 (3 ounce) packagegrated parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked, and drained
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 (12 ounce) packageshredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, and mushrooms in margarine in a large skillet.
- On medium heat, stir in flour, salt, white pepper, black pepper, and nutmeg until it is well blended.
- Slowly, and gradually, stir in broth and cream, cook and stir for 2 minuted, or until lt is thickened.
- Gradually stir in parmesan cheese.
- Cut stems off broccoli, and throw away. Cut broccoli into smaller pieces, and add to cream mixture.
- Spread 1/2 cup of cream broccoli mixture into a greased 11x14 inch baking dish. Layer with 3 noodles, 1/3 of the ham, and 1 cup of monterey jack cheese.
- Gradually, pour remaining cream- broccoli mixture over cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting into squares to serve.