Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
"Leftover chicken, ham and a wild rice mix make this comforting dish quick to assemble. If you have extra turkey, you can use it instead of the chicken." -Lovetta Breshears. From taste of home.
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded colby cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook rice mix according to pkg. directions. Transfer to a greased 2 quart baking dish. Top with chicken and ham. In a bowl, combine the soup, milk, Colby cheese and pepper; pour over the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with the Parmesan. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Can't beat this for ease of prep! I was feeling lazy and already had diced ham and chicken in my freezer, so I gave this one a whirl. I just stirred everything together and topped with the parmesan. My husband was impressed and I didn't disillusion him that I had worked over it! Will be a repeat performance, I'm sure.