Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe if for 4 chicken pastries, you can double the recipe. I always add in some fresh well browned sauteed mushrooms on top of the chicken breast before sealing the pastry, but that is optional.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- seasoning salt
- black pepper (or use white salt)
- 1 sheet puff pastry (use half of a package or use the 2 sheets for 8 pastries)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 8 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 slices cooked ham
- 4 slices swiss cheese (can 8 slices, 2 slices for each pastry)
- Lightly grease an 11 x 7-inch baking dish (if you are making 8 chicken pastries use a 13 x 9-inch baking dish).
- In a skillet melt the butter with oil.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and cook until browned on both sides (about 8 minutes per side) then refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Unfold the pastry sheet and thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Roll out to a 14-inch square.
- Cut into 4 (7-inch) squares.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard on the bottom of each square, then top with 1 slice of ham, then one (or two slices Swiss cheese.
- Place the browned chicken breast over the cheese.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg and cold water, then brush the edges of the squares with the egg mixture.
- Fold the corners to center on top of the chicken, then seal the edges.
- Place seam-side down in preaped baking dish.
- Brush the tops with egg mixture.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
This recipe didn't taste nice
These were quite simple and tasted great! My husband wants to try them again with some marinara sauce in them instead of the dijon. Anyway we will definately be having these again!
These chicken parcels were delicious. Definitely a nice presentation with the puff pastry and easy enough to make for every day.