Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My gran's recipe, totally awsome
- 2 cups chicken meat, chopped (approx)
- 1 cup ham, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, slightly cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour (more if you think)
- 3 tablespoons milk (more if you think)
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock, to a cup water
- 2 -3 slices bread
- parmesan cheese
- For the sauce you also need 1 tin of mushroom soup.
- put all ingredients together in a casserol dish apart from the topping.
- pull bread into bitesize pieces, use more or less if you need, top with cheese and breadcrumbs.
- heat it through until topping is brown and is cooked.
This was good and easy to make. It was a bit salty, but serve with plain white or brown rice to balance the saltiness. Great served with cranberry sauce.
This was yummy! I used an extra 1/2 c. chicken to use up my leftovers, 8 oz. of fresh mushrooms (lightly cooked in butter) and 1 Tbsp. chicken bouillon with 1 c. water. This added salt ... a bit too much. Next time I'll do 2 tsp. bouillon to 1 c. water. I baked the casserole for about 20 minutes after putting it together. It could have used another 5-10 minutes to brown. This will definitely be made again. It's a great way to use up leftover chicken and ham!
This was good and we did enjoy it, but my family felt like it needed maybe a touch of salt to really make it spectacular. When I make it again, I'm going to try adding some in. Thanks for sharing the recipe!