Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is adapted from a recipe I found on a website called Irish Abroad. Posted for ZWT 8 Great Britain/Ireland
- 1 whole chicken (cooked)
- 1 cup ham (cooked and diced)
- 4 leeks (washed and chopped, light green and white parts only)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pie crust, 9 inch
- 1. Take the chicken off the bone in large pieces. In a deep dish pie plate,
- make alternate layers of chicken, ham and leeks.
- 2. In a saucepan over medium heat melt the butter and add the onions. Saute
- until the onions are soft. Stir in the flour and mustard and cook for a few
- minutes. Slowy add the chicken broth and cream, stirring until it is thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, ham and leeks in the pie pan.
- 3. Roll out the pie crust until it is slightly larger than the pie plate.
- Dampen the edges of the pie plate and cover with the pie crust. Crimp the edges
- and cut holes for steam.
- 4. Bake in a preheated 350 F oven until the crust is lighty browned, about 25 to
- 30 minutes.