Recipe by LonghornMama
This recipe is from A Texas Hill Country Cookbook. It's so much more flavorful than plain old chicken and rice and gets a little crispy on top which I love. I use skinless boneless chicken breasts.
Top Review by Gerry
A delicious oven chicken that is already looking to a second making. Made as posted. Super easy, super good, and makes for great presentation. Looks awesome served on a white platter - definetely a company quality meal. Highly recommend this to anyone wanting a chicken recipe to impress family and friends. Thank you!
- 6 chicken breasts, skinned
- salt, for dredging
- pepper, for dredging
- flour, for dredging
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄3 cup pimentos
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll chicken in seasoned flour.
- Brown in skillet with butter.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove chicken and saute onions, garlic and green pepper.
- Add pimento and uncooked rice.
- Stir over heat 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, chili powder, comino seed, salt and pepper.
- Put rice mixture into greased casserole dish and arrange chicken breasts over top.
- Bake uncovered for 1 1/2 hours.