1/4 Photos of Chicken Gyros for 2
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Tender marinated chicken and a creamy cucumber yogurt sauce tucked into a pita, topped with lettuce and tomato if you like. Sounds like a great lunch to me! Cooked in or outside! Note: time to make does NOT include 1 hour marinating time. from TOH... ZWT Greek and US Regional - East Coast
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic, minced- divided use
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/3 cup nonfat yogurt, plain or 1/3 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 gyro bread or 2 pita bread
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1Combine lemon juice, oil, 1/2 t of the garlic, mustard and oregano in a gallon zip top plastic bag.
- 2Add chicken and seal bag.
- 3Turn bag and gently move chicken around to distribute marinade evenly.
- 4Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 5In a small bowl combine cucumber, yogurt, dill and remaining garlic. Cover and refrigerate until serving. (NOTE: Cucumbers have a lot of moisture in them so if you want your sauce to be less runny really drain them well and squeeze the water out if you want.).
- 6Drain chicken, discarding marinade.
- 7In a large nonstick skillet saute the chicken for 7-8 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 8Spoon half the chicken on each pita and top with cucumber mixture and sliced onion.
- 9Lettuce and tomato may be added if you like.
- 10Fold in half and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Gyros for 2
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.9
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 73.4 mg
- Sodium 165.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 27.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: