1/1 Photo of Chicken Gumbo Soup
This is definately a SOUP type Chicken Gumbo.. I put in the stuff I like and call it a day. Ingredient amount are not cut and dried.. Add or subtract as you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put 4 + - Cups water in soup pot. Add chicken and cook 'til done.
- 2Remove chicken from stock when done and cut up however you like.
- 3Return chicken to the 4 cups chicken stock and add everything else EXCEPT the Frozen Okra.
- 4Return to the boil then simmer 'til done (20 minutes + - or when rice is tender) Stirring & Tasting as you go and adjust any seasonings to your taste.
- 5Near the end, add the frozen Okra. The Okra will get mushy if you overcook it.
- 6Park on the back of the stove, Remove Bay leaf and enjoy when you are ready. Refrigerate when cool.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Gumbo Soup
Serving Size: 1 (609 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.5
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 1727.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
skinless chicken breasts