- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 3 chicken breasts, deboned, cooked, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 cup frozen okra
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- In a large soup pot, add all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until all vegetables and rice are tender.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.