Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
It's a quick and easy chicken version of beef gulyas recipe that tastes as good in way less time.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Hungarian paprika (Szegedi)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup water or 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- In pan melt butter,and fry onions and parsley for 2 min., then add vegeta (salt) and pepper, stir for another 2 minute Put in garlic and paprika.
- Take pan off the burner so that the paprika or the garlic cant burn, stir and back on fire.
- Add chicken, coat it with sauce and put the water or broth inches.
- Cover half way of cooking time on medium high heat, stirring once or twice.
- Take cover of then add the sour cream. Cook it for another 15 minutes till the chicken is fully cooked and the sauce is nice and thick.
- Serve extra sour cream on the side if desired.
This was really tasty and easy to make. I changed a few things though - just a little. After I sauteed the onions in 2 tablespoons of butter, I stirred in a tablesppon of flour along with the paprika and garlic. I also used a whole can (14 oz) of chicken broth and more like a half to 3/4 cup of sour cream. I served it over egg noodles, and we all enjoyed it. Thanks!