Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chicken breasts coated with freshly ground Mexican chiles and sautéed with onion and garlic
- 2 ounces dried guajillo chilies (or any medium or mild red chili peppers)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 4 chicken breasts
- Sauté onion and garlic in butter.
- Grind chiles and liberally coat chicken breasts.
- Add chicken and broth to onions and garlic.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Serve with rice, pasta, or use your imagination.
I enjoyed this and was easy to make. I think it needed a little more broth, but maybe it was the size of the chicken breast. I did add the 4 cloves of garlic, might add more next time. Thanks for a simple and easy recipe. Made for PAC Fall 2008.