Recipe by Timothy H.
Caprese refers to the combination of tomato,basil and mozzarella. Served with your farorite salad,red wine and bakery baked Italian bread and you are in for a real treat.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 slices tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf
- 6 slices fresh mozzarella cheese (1/4 inch slices)
Rosemary Spicy Chile Oil (use 1/3 cup)
- 5 serrano chilies, cut in half
- 4 garlic cloves
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cups olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Rosemary Oil: In a oven proof bowl or sauce pan combine the chiles, (seeds also)garlic and the rosemary and set aside. In a heavy sauce pan heat the oil until it reaches 180 degrees. Remove the pan from the heat and pour the oil over the mixture of chiles. Let it cool, then strain into a oil and vingar type container.This can be stored up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Slice each chicken breast in half to make 2 cutlets. Heat grill at medium. Season the chicken with salt and pepper place on the grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Remove from the grilland sandwich1 piece of sliced tomato, 1 slice of mozzarella and 2 basil leavesbetween the chickenhalves. Add a few drops of the Chile Oil on top and bottom if you wish and serve hot.