Recipe by Kristy -
The green enchilada is a richer and more tastier enchilada opposed to the red enchilada.
Top Review by KandyKaneTaylor
This recipe is wonderful. I modified it by cutting out the Cream of Mushroom soup because it made it too bland. I warm the tortillas in the microwave between damp paper towels for rolling to cut time. This is a husband pleaser. We eat it often.
- corn oil (enough to submerge corn tortilla)
- 1 whole chicken
- 5 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
- 2 dozen corn tortillas
- 1 can green enchilada sauce
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 lb monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm green enchilada sauce and cream of mushroom soup in pot til thoroughly mixed.
- Take off heat and set aside.
- Submerge corn tortilla into hot oil 8-10 on each side to warm and make soft.
- Do not leave in too long or they will get too hard to work with.
- After warming tortilla in oil, place in enchilada sauce and mushroom soup mixture to coat both sides.
- Take out and place on plate.
- Put some shredded chicken and shredded pepper jack cheese into tortilla and roll.
- Place rolled enchilada on cookie sheet or shallow baking pan.
- Continue this until all tortillas are rolled.
- Pour left over enchilada sauce and cream of mushroom soup mixture over rolled enchilada's.
- Top with shredded jack cheese.
- Place in preheated 350 degree oven for 15-20 min or until cheese is melted.