Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Here's a recipe I found on a container of...the curry paste, I believe. I played with it a bit - this works much better if you add the snow peas just before serving. Snow peas are fragile, and lose their crispness quickly with cooking.
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 1 -2 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup bamboo shoot
- 12 ounces chicken, diced
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas
- Bring 4 ounces of coconut milk to a boil with the curry paste, sugar, stock and fish sauce.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the remaining cocnut milk, basil, bamboo, and chicken and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in the snow peas.
- Serve over rice.
- This recipe also works well with fish or shrimp.
I've been using the recipe from the Thai Green Curry paste label for years, and we think 1-2T is pretty spicy. My spouse and I found one generous teaspoon made this dish 2 1/2 stars, heatwise. However, this tastes GREAT! I only had lowfat coconut milk (using full fat coconut milk would have reduced the heat a bit) and I added some diced bell pepper and eggplant. It adapts well to many meat and vegetable combinations. Thanks for posting this great recipe, Chris. Yum!
This is a great easy recipe! Thanks for offering it Chris. I agree with the other review-I like spicy foods; however, 1 tablespoon of the green curry made it plenty spicy. I added some red and yellow pepper to add some color and additional flavor. What heating it too much as the sauce will break it heated at too high.