Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Family Fun 2008--"These dynamite little chicken & cheese quiches are a favorite with kids & adults alike."
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken, cooked & diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 30 miniature phyllo cups
- Heat the oven to 350.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream , salt & pepper.
- In another bowl, mix the chicken, chilies, cilantro & cheese.
- Place the phyllo cups on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. Spoon 1 rounded tsp of chicken filling into each shell, then add about 1 tsp of egg mixture. Let the shells sit for about 1 minute so the egg can settle to the bottom, then top with another tsp of egg mixture-filling it close to the top.
- Bake cups about 15 minutes, or until filling has set.
- *After cooling, can be frozen for upt to 2 weeks-reheat @ 350 for 10-15 min.*.
Lovely little bites! I agree with Lucky in Bayview: the cilantro really makes these. I used well-seasoned chicken which I would also recommend. Thank you for sharing!
We really liked these. I think the cilantro made it. This mixture would be good in wonton skins too. Thanks for posting this reicpe!
I made this for a jewelry party I had and the guests, and me, thought these were incredible!