1 hr 35 mins
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 1 1/2 c. soup. Per serving: 248 calories, 5.6 g fat, 19.1 g protein, 25.1 g carb, 4.8 g fiber, 45 mg cholesterol. Note: the chicken legs should be chicken thigh-leg quarters but the editing software won't let me say it like that.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 anaheim chilies
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3 chicken legs, skinned (about 1 3/4 lb.)
- 1 3/4 cups chopped onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups water, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 6 lime slices
- 1Preheat the broiler.
- 2Cut each chile in half, discard the seeds and membranes.
- 3Put halves skin side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand.
- 4Broil 5 minutes or until blackened.
- 5Place in a heavy-duty zip-lock plastic bag and seal.
- 6Let stand 15 minutes.
- 7Peel chiles and discard skin; chop chiles and set aside.
- 8Heat to oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- 9Add in chicken, cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 10Remove chicken from the pot and set aside; add in onion and garlic to the pot; stir/saute 6 minutes or until browned.
- 11Return chicken to the pot; add in broth, 1 1/2 cups water, and cumin; bring to a simmer.
- 12Cook 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 13Remove chicken and let cool slightly; remove chicken meat from bones and cut meat into bite-sized pieces (throw away the bones).
- 14Add chicken back to the pot; stir in chopped chiles and beans.
- 15Combine 1/2 cup water and flour, stirring with a whisk to blend.
- 16Stir mixture into chicken mixture; bring to a simmer; cook 15 minutes.
- 17Stir in salt.
- 18Spoon approx 1 1/2 cups soup into individual bowls; top each with 1 1/2 teaspoons sour cream.
- 19Serve with lime slices.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Green Chili With White Beans
Serving Size: 1 (495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.3
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 72.2 mg
- Sodium 795.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 24.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: