Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy layered chicken and whole green chiles with cheese and whipped eggs to puff into a delicious casserole.
- 2 cups shredded chicken breasts
- 1 (7 ounce) can whole green chilies
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Grease 9x9 pan.
- Stuff each chile with shredded chicken.
- Lay stuffed chiles in the greased pan.
- sprinkle cheese over chiles.
- mix together remaining ingredients adn pour over cheese.
- bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
My husband and I both really liked this recipe. I think the next time I make this, I'll add some diced jalapeno. Note: I used two 10-oz cans of whole green chilies which yielded a total of 10 chilies. Also, I found that an 8 oz bag of cheese was plenty.