Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a super-simple recipe that I got off the back of a fettucini box and tried on my kids during their "picky months"...They LOVED it! It's so simple, I'm almost afraid to post it...But I wanted to save it because the kids ask for it a lot.
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1 1⁄4 cups prepared alfredo sauce (I use Classico Alfredo with sun dried tomatoes)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups cooked chicken strips (I usually use Tyson frozen Chicken Fajita Strips)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil (finely chopped) or 1 teaspoon sage (finely chopped)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and butter liberally. Return to saucepan.
- Meanwhile, heat Alfredo sauce, green beans and chicken in a medium saucepan. Stir. Toss well with hot pasta.
- Transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with basil or sage.
So I came home today after a very long day and had enough energy to open a can of soup for dinner. But I checked all my quick and easy recipes and I am so glad I did. This was fast, easy, and oh sooo tasty! I used Garlic Alfredo sauce and since I only had one can of green beans I also added a small can of chunky style Portabella mushrooms. I licked my plate after this dinner and I am looking forward to lunch tomorrow (leftovers! :)) Thank you Stacky! This one is a keeper.
This was a life saver for me. I had tried a souffle for dinner and it failed. I remembered saving this for a quickie dinner and boy, was I glad I remembered. I had everything but the fresh basil, so I added 1/2 tsp dried sweet basil to the sauce. I also used frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts with I cut into large strips. I doubled everything for my guys. I served it with my Strawberry and Cucumber Salad, and store-bought sourdough bread. They LOVED it! They said it was worth all the time I spent in the kitchen....HAHA...I didn't tell them about the souffle!