Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth (Herbox or Campbell's Healthy Request reduced sodium)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Bring chicken stock to a boil.
- Dissolve cornstarch in a small amount of cold water and add to chicken stock.
- Season to taste with poultry seasoning and cook until thickened.
Good recipe. I cut the cornstarch down to 1 1/2 TBS. It came out perfect. It is a good gravy to make when you are in a pinch. I also started with half the seasoning and added to taste.
It was thick enough, but the full tsp of poultry seasoning was too much. This recipe had a contrived texture and taste; not the "home-cooked" gravy I was looking for. But then, it didn't have many ingredients either.
This is a simple, easy recipe for gravy - it is a bit thin (I used 2 tbsp cornstarch) but that is how I like it. I substituted 1 cup whole milk for 1 cup broth and added 1/2 tsp chili flakes tasted great over my potatoes & meatloaf