Recipe by Oleaceae
I wanted biscuits and gravy one night but was fresh out of sausage. I thought this was a pretty good substitute, though. If you want a good biscuit recipe, I liked #77417. :D
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2-1 cup chicken meat, cooked and chopped (depending on how meaty you like your gravy)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour and mix thoroughly.
- Add milk a little at a time. To avoid lumps, whisk the milk in or just stir really thoroughly after each addition of milk.
- Keep stirring until sauce thickens. (Cook until it's the consistency you like. If it gets too thick, you can just add more milk.).
- Stir in chicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. (And don't be afraid of the pepper. The gravy didn't taste right until I'd added quite a lot -- ).