Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Handed down to me by a dear friend. This is a great salad to try even if you're not accustomed to curry. Best served on a bed of lettuce. You can substitute almonds for the macadamia nuts.
- 4 cups chicken breasts (cooked or diced)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 2 cups seedless grapes (cut in half)
- 1 cup pineapple chunk
- 3⁄4 cup macadamia nuts (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut (sliced)
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery grapes, water chestnuts, pineapple and 1/2 cup macadamia nuts.
- Mix Mayonnaise, curry powder, soy and lemon juice and stir into vegtables.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce and garnish with coconut and reserved macadamia nuts.
I loved this stuff. Ate it on toasted Portuguese Sweet Bread for Bread Machine (which has a hint of lemon in it) topped with rocket. I did use 1/2 mayo and 1/2 yogurt which worked wonderfully and significantly decreased calories and fat. I am not a curry fan and this spice it great in here. So delicious. Thanks for a winner of a recipe. Made for ZWT5, Aus/NZ
This is absolutely delicious! I was worried about how I would like the curry and soy sauce in chicken salad, but it compliments the flavors wonderfully! I seem to be out of coconut so didn't add, otherwise made exactly. I would say I might have added a few more grages and pineapple chuncks, but that's ok! I loved this salad, and I will be making this often! Made for Every Day is a Holiday Tag