Serve with a piece of crusty bread and a side salad for a wonderful meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon mild paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill or 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1In a food processor,combine the roasted peppers,tomato paste and paprika and puree until smooth-set aside.
- 2In a large,nonstick skillet,heat oil over medium heat and add onions and garlic.
- 3Cook stirring frequently until the onions are lightly golden,about 4 minutes.
- 4Add the peppers and dill and cook for 3 minutes.
- 5Stir in the pepper puree,broth and salt and cook for 1 minute.
- 6Add the chicken,bring to a boil,reduce to a simmer,cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through,about 5 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile,in a large pot of boiling water,cook the noodles until tender and drain well.
- 8In a small bowl,combine the yogurt and flour,stir into the chicken mixture and cook,uncovered,until the sauce is just thickened,about 3 minutes.
- 9Place the noodles on 4 plates,spoon the chicken goulash on top and serve with a dollop of sour cream.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Goulash With Egg Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.3
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 117.8 mg
- Sodium 1871.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 40.2 g