Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve with a piece of crusty bread and a side salad for a wonderful meal.
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon mild paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried dill or 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1⁄3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- In a food processor,combine the roasted peppers,tomato paste and paprika and puree until smooth-set aside.
- In a large,nonstick skillet,heat oil over medium heat and add onions and garlic.
- Cook stirring frequently until the onions are lightly golden,about 4 minutes.
- Add the peppers and dill and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the pepper puree,broth and salt and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken,bring to a boil,reduce to a simmer,cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through,about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile,in a large pot of boiling water,cook the noodles until tender and drain well.
- In a small bowl,combine the yogurt and flour,stir into the chicken mixture and cook,uncovered,until the sauce is just thickened,about 3 minutes.
- Place the noodles on 4 plates,spoon the chicken goulash on top and serve with a dollop of sour cream.