Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is very tasty and pretty quick to make.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large red onions
- 500 g boneless chicken, diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons seasoned flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 125 ml red wine
- 125 ml chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 125 g butter, softened
- 315 g sour cream
- 1 egg
- 185 g self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Lightly saute the onions in 1 Tbsp of the oil until golden.
- Meanwhile place the seasoned flour and paprika in a mixing bowl, add the chicken to coat. Remove the onions from the pan, Add the rest of the oil and saute the chicken for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Return onions to the pan, add the tomato paste, wine and stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 6 - 7 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat and stir in the yoghurt. (This can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator.) CRUST Place the butter, sour cream and egg into a bowl, mix to combine. Stir in the flour and parsley to form a soft dough.
- Press the dough into a lightly greased casserole or flan dish, working it well up the sides to a thickness of 12 mm.
- Spoon the filling, cover and bake at 180C for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden and crusty.