Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A chicken version goulash from Tante. Even beef lover's, love it. This is simple and very good.
- 907.18 g boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 onion
- 8 garlic cloves
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 226.79 g mushrooms
- 4 slice bacon, chopped
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 7.39-14.79 ml paprika
- 236.59 ml cream (evaported milk works too)
- 29.58 ml flour
- salt and pepper
- dill pickle, chopped to garnish (don't use too many) (optional)
- Chop onions and bacon, slice mushrooms and mince garlic.
- In stock pot heat olive oil, add onions, bacon, garlic and mushrooms. Saute until onions are translucent, and bacon is browned about 5 minutes.
- Cut chicken into bite size chunks.
- Add chicken, broth,paprika, salt and pepper to pot and simmer low about 45 minutes.
- In cup mix cream and flour and stir into pot simmer 5 minutes more.
- Serve over pasta, preferably spatzle. Garnish with pickles, if desired.
It was a total hit at my house. All ate 2nds or even 3rds simple and yummy!!!!
This was a bit bland, and my sauce didn't really thicken. I used the evaporated milk. I don't think I would recommend it.