1/1 Photo of Chicken Goulash (Chicken Stew)
Your Gourmet Girlfriend's Note:
A chicken version goulash from Tante. Even beef lover's, love it. This is simple and very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18 g boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 onion
- 8 garlic cloves
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 226.79 g mushrooms
- 4 slice bacon, chopped
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 7.39-14.79 ml paprika
- 236.59 ml cream (evaported milk works too)
- 29.58 ml flour
- salt and pepper
- dill pickle, chopped to garnish (don't use too many) (optional)
- 1Chop onions and bacon, slice mushrooms and mince garlic.
- 2In stock pot heat olive oil, add onions, bacon, garlic and mushrooms. Saute until onions are translucent, and bacon is browned about 5 minutes.
- 3Cut chicken into bite size chunks.
- 4Add chicken, broth,paprika, salt and pepper to pot and simmer low about 45 minutes.
- 5In cup mix cream and flour and stir into pot simmer 5 minutes more.
- 6Serve over pasta, preferably spatzle. Garnish with pickles, if desired.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Goulash (Chicken Stew)
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.7
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 180.4 mg
- Sodium 527.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 35.9 g