- Carla -'s Note:
Serve as a first course for eight people or as a filling main course for four. Delicious served with baby potatoes and a tossed green salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- oil, for deep frying
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- lemon slice, for garnish
- 1 sprig cilantro, for garnish
For the Dip
- 1For the Dip:.
- 2Throughly combine yogurt, lemon juice, cilantro and parsley and season to taste; cover and chill until needed.
- 3For the Chicken Goujons:.
- 4Divide each chicken breasts into two natural fillets.
- 5Place chicken fillets between two sheets of plastic wrap and using a rolling pin, flatten each one to a thickness of 1/2 inch.
- 6Cut the chicken into 1 inch diagonal strips.
- 7Mix the breadcrumbs with the spices and seasonings.
- 8Toss the chicken pieces (goujons) in the flour, keeping them separate.
- 9Dip the goujons into the beaten egg mixture and then coat with the breadcrumb mixture.
- 10Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- 11Fry the goujons in batches until golden brown and crisp; drain on paper towels and keep warm in the oven until all of the chicken has been fried and is ready to serve.
- 12Garnish with lemon slices and sprigs of cilantro.
- 13Serve with yogurt dip and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Goujons
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 692.4
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 252.5 mg
- Sodium 820.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 72.1 g