Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve as a first course for eight people or as a filling main course for four. Delicious served with baby potatoes and a tossed green salad.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- oil, for deep frying
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- lemon slice, for garnish
- 1 sprig cilantro, for garnish
For the Dip
- 1 1⁄4 cups strained plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 4 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- For the Dip:.
- Throughly combine yogurt, lemon juice, cilantro and parsley and season to taste; cover and chill until needed.
- For the Chicken Goujons:.
- Divide each chicken breasts into two natural fillets.
- Place chicken fillets between two sheets of plastic wrap and using a rolling pin, flatten each one to a thickness of 1/2 inch.
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch diagonal strips.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the spices and seasonings.
- Toss the chicken pieces (goujons) in the flour, keeping them separate.
- Dip the goujons into the beaten egg mixture and then coat with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Fry the goujons in batches until golden brown and crisp; drain on paper towels and keep warm in the oven until all of the chicken has been fried and is ready to serve.
- Garnish with lemon slices and sprigs of cilantro.
- Serve with yogurt dip and enjoy!