This chicken dish is a little fancier than most of the old stand-bys, but it's perfect if you want to serve a nice meal to company or for a celebration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For Spicy Red Pepper Sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1For Spicy Red Pepper Sauce: Place all ingredients in a blender container and process until almost smooth. Pour sauce into a medium saucepan and heat over medium-low heat to warm while preparing chicken.
- 2For Chicken: Gently pound chicken breasts to 1/4-inch thickness and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Turn breasts cut-side up. Place 4 basil leaves over each chicken piece, covering completely. Sprinkle 2 TB of cheese over basil.
- 3In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, toast the nuts until lightly browned, shaking pan occasionally, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle 1/2 TB pine nuts over each chicken piece.
- 4Starting at the short end, roll each chicken breast tightly in a jellyroll fashion and secure with wooden toothpicks.
- 5Add the olive oil to the skillet you used for the nuts. Heat over high heat, then add chicken and saute, turning frequently, for about 10 minutes or until brown on all sides.Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- 6To serve, spoon Spicy Red Pepper Sauce evenly over 4 individual serving plates. Slice each chicken roll inot 1/2-inch slices and arrange, overlapping slices slightly, on top of sauce. Garnish with basil leaves.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Gorgonzola Roulades With Spicy Red Pepper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.1
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 81.1 mg
- Sodium 1921.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 32.8 g