This recipe takes a little bit of work, but it is well worth the time and effort! For garnish, you can sprinkle extra pine nuts and/or basil leaves on top at the end. You can also make extra sauce and serve it with pasta on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Gently pound chicken breasts to 1/4-inch thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place 4 basil leaves over each piece of chicken, covering entirely. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of cheese over the basil.
- 2In large frypan over medium-high heat, toast the pine nuts, shaking pan occasionally, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- 3Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon pine nuts over each chicken breast half. Tightly roll breasts, starting with the short end and securing with tooth picks.
- 4To same frypan, add olive oil. Add chicken and saute, turning frequently, about 10 minutes or until brown on all sides. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer an additional 10 minutes, or until fork can be inserted with ease. Remove chicken to a cutting board and let cool slightly.
- 5Spoon Spicy Red Pepper Sauce evenly on 4 serving plates. Slice each chicken roll into 1/2-inch slices and arrange, overlapping slices slightly, on top of sauce. Garnish with basil leaves and/or pine nuts if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Gorgonzola Roulades
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.4
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 81.1 mg
- Sodium 458.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 31.7 g