Recipe by *Maggie*
Found this recipe in a Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake booklet Spring 2008 issue (the kind you find at check-out). It sounded so good and would probably make a wonderful lunch or a feature for a bridal/baby shower. I haven't made this yet but it will be made very soon! You may cook up your own bacon if not using precooked bacon. Prep/Cook Time is an estimate. The original recipe indicates start to finish is 20 min.
Top Review by Elisabetta47
Hooray - a pasta salad using all my favorite ingredients! As we ate this for a couple of days, I added the fresh baby spinach right before serving each time to keep it perky. Used Kittencal's Best Creamy Ranch Dressing/Dip and it was a marvelous hot summer's evening meal. Thanks, Maggie.
- 7 cups uncooked radiatore, pasta (nuggets, about 19 oz.)
- 4 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts (about 20 oz.)
- 1 (2 1/8 ounce) packageprecooked bacon, cut up into small pieces (about 15 slices)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canfire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, lightly packed
- 1 (16 ounce) jarrefrigerated ranch dressing
- 1 cup gorgonzola, crumbled (4 oz)
- bibb lettuce, if desired (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- In a large bowl, mix cooked pasta, chicken, bacon, tomatoes and spinach.
- Pour dressing over pasta mixture, toss until coated.
- Fold in cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- To serve, line bowl with lettuce and spoon in salad.