Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Very tasty chicken. Nice and moist and just the right amount of garlic. Very simple to make also. I found this recipe in Easy Home Cooking - Fun Foods for Kids April/May 2001 Issue.
- 1 fresh young roasting chicken, Giblets removed
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, soffened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 4 heads garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- 4 large potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup water
- Combine butter, parsley, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper in small bowl. Pour lemon juice into cavity of chicken. Rub butter mixture on skin.
- Place chicken in roasting pan. Arrange garlic cloves and potatoes around chicken. Pour water into pan; cover.
- Roast 1 hour in preheated 375 degree oven. Uncover and continue roasting 45 minutes to 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees in thigh and skin in golden brown.