Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Olive Garden's Chicken Gnocchi Veronese
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced (julienned)
- 1⁄2 zucchini, sliced (julienned)
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced in 1/2-inch strips
- 2 small rosemary sprigs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 14 fluid ounces heavy cream
- 2 quarts water
- 6 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 lbs russet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 lb gnocchi, cooked according to package directions (potato dumplings)
- NOTE: You may make your own gnocchi by following the steps below, or you may purchase them already made.
- WASH potatoes and place in water. Cook potaoes until soft (cook time will depend on size of potatoes). Remove potatoes from water and cool in refrigerator.
- PEEL cooled potatoes and push them through a fine grater (rice grater) until mashed; do not over-mash potatoes or they will get tough.
- COMBINE potatoes, flour and eggs in a mixing bowl. Mix well until dough does not stick to hands (add small amounts of flour at a time if needed).
- DIVIDE dough into 4 sections. Roll out each section into a long rope. Cut each rope into 1/2-inch pieces. Push fork tines on each piece for the classic gnocchi appearance.
- BRING water to a boil in a sauce pot. Drop in gnocchi and cook until the float.
- CHICKEN & SAUCE:.
- COMBINE garlic, lemon juice, rosemary and chicken slices in a mixing bowl. Let marinate for at least 2 hours.
- COMBINE Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese and heavy cream in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- HEAT saute pan on medium-high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil, onions, bell peppers, and zucchini. Saute until onions are translucent (do not brown).
- ADD marinated chicken slices and cook until slices are brown on all sides and internal temperature is 165°F Reduce heat and add to pan with chicken, vegetables and sauce. Stir to coat gnocchi with sauce.
- SERVE gnocchi topped with extra Parmesan cheese.