1/2 Photos of Chicken Gnocchi Veronese (Olive Garden)
1 hr 5 mins
I usually hate peppers but I love this recipe so much its unbelievable. I was incredibly happy when it was posted on Olive Garden's recipe site
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced (julienned)
- 1 zucchini, sliced (julienned)
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced in 1/2 strips
- 2 small rosemary sprigs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lemon, juice of
Gnocchi (or 1 pound prepared gnocchi cooked per package directions)
- 2WASH potatoes and place in water. Cook potatoes until soft (cook time will depend on size of potatoes). Remove potatoes from water and cool in refrigerator.
- 3PEEL cooled potatoes and push them through a fine grater (rice grater) until mashed; do not over-mash potatoes or they will get tough.
- 4COMBINE potatoes, flour and eggs in a mixing bowl. Mix well until dough does not stick to hands (add small amounts of flour at a time if needed).
- 5DIVIDE dough into 4 sections. Roll out each section into a long rope. Cut each rope into ½” pieces. Push fork tines on each piece for the classic gnocchi appearance.
- 6BRING water to a boil in a sauce pot. Drop in gnocchi and cook until they float.
- 7Chicken & Sauce.
- 8COMBINE garlic, lemon juice, rosemary and chicken slices in a mixing bowl. Let marinate for at least 2 hours.
- 9COMBINE Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese and heavy cream in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- 10HEAT sauté pan on medium high. Add extra virgin olive oil, onions, bell peppers, and zucchini. Saute until onions are translucent (do not brown).
- 11ADD marinated chicken slices and cook until slices are brown on all sides and internal temperature is 165°F Reduce heat and add sauce mixture. Bring to a simmer.
- 12DRAIN cooked gnocchi and add to pan with chicken, vegetables and sauce. Stir to coat gnocchi with sauce.
- 13SERVE gnocchi topped with extra Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Gnocchi Veronese (Olive Garden)
Serving Size: 1 (1153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1273.0
- Calories from Fat 718
- Total Fat 79.8 g
- Saturated Fat 37.5 g
- Cholesterol 366.3 mg
- Sodium 1769.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 58.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: