I usually hate peppers but I love this recipe so much its unbelievable. I was incredibly happy when it was posted on Olive Garden's recipe site
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced (julienned)
- 1⁄2 zucchini, sliced (julienned)
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced in 1/2 strips
- 2 small rosemary sprigs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 14 fluid ounces heavy cream
Gnocchi (or 1 pound prepared gnocchi cooked per package directions)
- 2 quarts water
- 6 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 lbs russet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- WASH potatoes and place in water. Cook potatoes until soft (cook time will depend on size of potatoes). Remove potatoes from water and cool in refrigerator.
- PEEL cooled potatoes and push them through a fine grater (rice grater) until mashed; do not over-mash potatoes or they will get tough.
- COMBINE potatoes, flour and eggs in a mixing bowl. Mix well until dough does not stick to hands (add small amounts of flour at a time if needed).
- DIVIDE dough into 4 sections. Roll out each section into a long rope. Cut each rope into ½” pieces. Push fork tines on each piece for the classic gnocchi appearance.
- BRING water to a boil in a sauce pot. Drop in gnocchi and cook until they float.
- Chicken & Sauce.
- COMBINE garlic, lemon juice, rosemary and chicken slices in a mixing bowl. Let marinate for at least 2 hours.
- COMBINE Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese and heavy cream in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- HEAT sauté pan on medium high. Add extra virgin olive oil, onions, bell peppers, and zucchini. Saute until onions are translucent (do not brown).
- ADD marinated chicken slices and cook until slices are brown on all sides and internal temperature is 165°F Reduce heat and add sauce mixture. Bring to a simmer.
- DRAIN cooked gnocchi and add to pan with chicken, vegetables and sauce. Stir to coat gnocchi with sauce.
- SERVE gnocchi topped with extra Parmesan cheese.
I am not fan of Olive Garden but this recipe was great! I used store bought gnocchi instead of making my own (I am ashamed!) but it turned out really wonderful. The sauce was thick and rich and coated everything in an amazing creaminess. Paired with the zucchini (I used a whole zucchini) and other veggies, it was fantastic! We used 2 large chicken breasts and made the rest of the recipe as instructed and it made enough for my husband and myself with PLENTY of leftovers. Thank you very much for posting! We will definitely make this again when we have time to make the gnocchi ourselves!
Good overall. Did need some extra garlic, cheese and salt.
I fixed this tonight exactly like it was written. It was great but I think next time I will add some Herbs De Province to the sauce and some artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes to the veggies. Thanks for the recipe.