Recipe by Manami
These chicken breasts are wonderful! A different combination of flavors in the sauce. Nice with fluffy white rice, brown rice, pasta or couscous. Courtesy of Pamela Lanier's Bed and Breakfasts, Inns and Guesthouses International.
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 3⁄4 cup Burgundy wine
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can apricots, drained and pureed
- 2 tablespoons currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolve in
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 6 (8 ounce) chicken breasts, slightly pounded
- flour, seasoned with
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- halved apricot (garnish)
- fresh parsley (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients for sauce in saucepan and simmer gently overy low heat, stirring frequently until well blended.
- Slowly add cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly.
- Simmer until thickened, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dredge chicken breasts lightly in flour.
- Heat oil in large skillet add chicken and sauté until golden brown on both sides; do not overcook.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Pour oil off and wipe out skillet.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Add sherry and brandy and simmer 2 minutes.
- Stir in apricot sauce, spooning over chicken to coat lightly.
- Transfer to heated platter and garnish with apricot halves and chopped parsley.
- Serve with remaining sauce.