These chicken breasts are wonderful! A different combination of flavors in the sauce. Nice with fluffy white rice, brown rice, pasta or couscous. Courtesy of Pamela Lanier's Bed and Breakfasts, Inns and Guesthouses International.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 3/4 cup Burgundy wine
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can apricots, drained and pureed
- 2 tablespoons currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolve in
- 1/4 cup water
- 2Combine ingredients for sauce in saucepan and simmer gently overy low heat, stirring frequently until well blended.
- 3Slowly add cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly.
- 4Simmer until thickened, about 6 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, dredge chicken breasts lightly in flour.
- 6Heat oil in large skillet add chicken and sauté until golden brown on both sides; do not overcook.
- 7Drain on paper towels.
- 8Pour oil off and wipe out skillet.
- 9Return chicken to pan.
- 10Add sherry and brandy and simmer 2 minutes.
- 11Stir in apricot sauce, spooning over chicken to coat lightly.
- 12Transfer to heated platter and garnish with apricot halves and chopped parsley.
- 13Serve with remaining sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Gloria
Serving Size: 1 (439 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 672.1
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 145.1 mg
- Sodium 179.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 41.2 g
- Protein 48.2 g