Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I know some people don't like gizzards, but I do. Here is a taco filling for those who like gizzards.
- 2 lbs clean chicken gizzards, thoroughly rinsed and defatted
- 2 medium onions, in thin strips
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon dry red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 onion, for the cooking liquid
- Cook gizzards in enough water with the 1/2 onion and salt to taste.
- Let simmer for an hour or until they are tender.
- Drain liquid off and chop in small bits.
- Heat the cooking oil and sauté the onion until translucent.
- Add the gizzards and season with salt to taste.
- Continue sautéing the gizzards until they turn darker in color.
- Just before serving add the dry red pepper flakes and let cook for 5 more minutes.