1/4 Photos of Chicken Ginger Pot
Chicken and veggies kicked up with ginger. Delicious served over plain brown rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9.85 ml cooking oil (I use olive oil)
- 340.19 g chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into bite sized pieces
- 236.59 ml carrot, thinly sliced
- 236.59 ml mushroom, thinly sliced
- 226.79 g sliced bamboo shoots, 1 can drained (or shoe string type)
- 118.29 ml snow peas, sliced in half
- 118.29 ml pea shoots (optional)
- 59.14 ml chicken broth
- 59.14 ml rice vinegar
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml sugar (I use Splenda)
- 14.79 ml fresh gingerroot, grated
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 2.46 ml pepper, freshly ground
- 473.18 ml bok choy, chopped
- 236.59 ml sweet red pepper, chopped
- 29.58 ml water
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 1Heat cooking oil in a large saucepan (or wok), on medium high; add the chicken, cook uncovered 2 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until no longer pink.
- 2Add next 12 ingredients; stir to mix, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, simmer gently partially covered for 2 to 4 minutes until carrot is almost tender crisp; do not overcook.
- 3Add bok choy and sweet red pepper; stir and cook covered another 2 to 4 minutes, just until bok choy is limp and veggies are tender crisp.
- 4Whisk cornstarch into cold water, in a small bowl; add to chicken mixture; heat and stir until simmering and thickened.
- 5Serve over brown rice if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Ginger Pot
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.4
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 650.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 22.5 g