Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a dish my italian mother-in-law came up with. It is so simple and so yummy! And it makes any kitchen smell great!
- 2 lbs chicken legs or 2 lbs chicken thighs, w/skin on
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 stalks celery, chopped into small cubes
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- freshly ground black salt & pepper
- Place chicken pieces in a glass dish, 9 x 13.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all marinade ingredients.
- Pour marinade over chicken pieces and marinate for at least 1/2 day or overnight (in refrigerator).
- Put everything, marinade and all, in a 350 oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, put under broiler to crisp chicken on all sides.
- Serve w/ pan drippings and mash potatoes.
Good recipe! The flavor was different and we enjoyed it. I usually only give 5 stars to absolutely top recipes, so 4 stars are thumbs up in our household!!
This is so good, the marinade ensures tender and juicy chicken. I used a bag of chicken legs that I bought on sale. I ommited the carrots because I'm on a low carb diet and can't eat them. I subsituted some quartered onions and also added some chopped fresh mushrooms. I agree, my kitchen smelled wonderful while this was roasting in the oven!