Giblets : The edible inner parts of poultry, including the gizzard, heart, liver and kidneys ....... This recipes was devised to use up all the giblets left over from home slaughtered chickens! You can use either giblets or just livers in this recipe. However, the cooking time for giblets is longer than that for livers. Giblets need 15 - 20 minutes, but the livers should be added only 5 - 8 minutes before serving. Have lots of fresh bread and rolls on hand to dip into the sauce!
- Fry the giblets and/or livers in the olive oil until brown.
- Add the spices and seasonings and stir well.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add wine and simmer gently until cooked.
- If you are cooking giblets only, a little water may be added if necessary.