1/3 Photos of Chicken Giblets or Livers
Miss Daisy's Note:
Giblets : The edible inner parts of poultry, including the gizzard, heart, liver and kidneys ....... This recipes was devised to use up all the giblets left over from home slaughtered chickens! You can use either giblets or just livers in this recipe. However, the cooking time for giblets is longer than that for livers. Giblets need 15 - 20 minutes, but the livers should be added only 5 - 8 minutes before serving. Have lots of fresh bread and rolls on hand to dip into the sauce!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry the giblets and/or livers in the olive oil until brown.
- 2Add the spices and seasonings and stir well.
- 3Add the chopped onion and garlic. Fry for 5 minutes.
- 4Add wine and simmer gently until cooked.
- 5If you are cooking giblets only, a little water may be added if necessary.
Browse Our Top Chicken Livers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Livers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Giblets or Livers
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.5
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 599.9 mg
- Sodium 196.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 45.4 g