Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
Olive Garden's Chicken Giardino
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced width-wise into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 small rosemary sprigs
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh asparagus (remove bottom inch of stem, cut remainder into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 zucchini, julienne cut
- 1 summer squash, julienne cut
- 2 roma tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, julienne cut
- 1 cup broccoli floret, blanched
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup spinach, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, julienne cut
- 1 lb farfalle pasta, cooked according to package directions (bow ties)
- SAUCE PREPARATION:.
- MELT butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in thyme, garlic pepper and rosemary. Whisk to thoroughly blend and cook for 1 minute.
- COMBINE chicken broth, water, wine, milk, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Add cornstarch and whisk until cornstarch has dissolved and there are no lumps.
- ADD liquid mixture to sauce pan. Whisk all ingredients together and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then remove from heat.
- CHICKEN & VEGETABLES PREPARATION:.
- COMBINE all chicken ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend well.
- MARINATE for 30 minutes.
- HEAT a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil.
- SAUTE chicken strips until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- ADD all vegetables and saute until cooked through.
- ADD cooked, drained pasta and sauce to saute pan. Stir until pasta is thoroughly coated with sauce.
- TRANSFER to a serving platter and garnish with chopped parsley.