Recipe by Punky Julster
By Paul Deen. This is good and simple. Serve it over rice, potatoes, or grits. I like to use seasoned salt and add some garlic powder to the chicken. It's also good with a splash of worchestershire sauce added to the mushrooms.
Top Review by meggsmcelrath
I made this for my father and I for dinner, I had it previously at a friend's house. It was his first time. I made broccoli and cheese as the side. Perfect combination. My father loved the entire meal. Wonderful recipe.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, fine shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and shallots and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook 10 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the middle.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with mushroom mixture.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.