Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
By Paul Deen. This is good and simple. Serve it over rice, potatoes, or grits. I like to use seasoned salt and add some garlic powder to the chicken. It's also good with a splash of worchestershire sauce added to the mushrooms.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, fine shredded
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and shallots and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook 10 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the middle.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with mushroom mixture.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
I made this for my father and I for dinner, I had it previously at a friend's house. It was his first time. I made broccoli and cheese as the side. Perfect combination. My father loved the entire meal. Wonderful recipe.
Really Really good...Paula Deen, always good. I did cut down the butter a bit and used half the chicken for just my husband and myself but kept the rest of the ingredients the same. We loved it served with cheese grits and a strawberry salad. We'll definitely make this again. Thanks for posting the recipe :)
I had tried just about every Paula Deen recipe there was but always glossed over this one because of the simple ingedients but this is SOOOOO good and has become one of our favorites. I usually add garlic. The butter, chicken juices and shallot sauce is heavenly. Serve this with a big crusty roll to make sure you get all of the juices. YUM!