Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chickens are considered something a little more special than just meat by Chinese.
Make and share this Chicken General Tsao's Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1360.77 g chicken meat, cut into large chunks
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml white pepper
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml cornstarch
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 473.18 ml sliced green onions
- 16 small dried hot peppers
- 118.29 ml cornstarch, blended with 1/4 cup water
- 7.39 ml minced garlic
- 7.39 ml minced gingerroot
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml white vinegar
- 59.14 ml cooking wine
- 354.88 ml hot chicken broth
- 4.92 ml msg (optional)
- Mix sauce’s ingredients and stir until sugar dissolves. Refrigerate until needed.
- In separate bowl, mix chicken, soy sauce and white pepper. Stir in egg. Add cornstarch and mix until chicken pieces are coated evenly. Add enough vegetable oil to help separate chicken pieces.
- Divide chicken into small quantities and deep fry at 350°F until.
- crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Place a small amount of oil in hot wok and heat until hot.
- Add onions and peppers and stirfry briefly.
- Stir sauce and add to wok. Place chicken in sauce and cook until sauce thickens. Serve with rice.